That WordPress is free of charge could be called an advantage. However, I need to make a few remarks about this. People often think that a website based on WordPress is free of charge because the source code is freely available, but this is (unfortunately for them) not the exactly the case.
WordPress is an open source software with a GPL (general public license) which means that everyone can download, customize, and resell it. The use is free of charge, the source code is included and you are not tied to a specific supplier.
Costs for a WordPress website that you need to take into account:
- Domeinregistrationd and webhosting of your webiste
- Installation of the software on your server. This is once-only and we have included it in the price of your website.
- The software (read: foundation) is indeed available for free, but still a website or weblog (read: house) has to be built upon it. If you are handy and have a lot of time you can probably do it yourself based on the many WordPress templates available. If you have no time, or if you want to be sure that your website is built up professionally, then you can call in a web builder that works with WordPress. Like De Starterwebsite! View what a website with me costs.
- An important aspect is the security and being up to date with your website. WordPress and any plugins require regular updates. With licensed software the maintenance of the website is normally included in the contract, with open source software it has to be calculated separately. We offer the technical maintenance package WordPress up-to-date.
WordPress is a so-called Open Source System. However, as there is a commercial company behind WordPress (Automattic.com), the question that could be asked is: will WordPress always remain free of charge?
- Judith Scheijmans-Kuijer16 January 2019 - 16:55
Practice for self-examination & coaching
- De StarterwebsiteDutch For Strays3 September 2018 - 12:00
Give stray dogs a chance
- De PeppelenboschDe Peppelenbosch14 August 2018 - 12:00
Breed of Labradors in Ruurlo